Thursday, July 22, 2010

Engrade = Quick and Easy ;0


So today I set up my class for next year using a free software program called Engrade. This is definitely a helpful tool for teachers, I loved that it is so easy to set up, and pretty much self-explanatory. Some of the other features that I liked is the calender and the attendance. This can be very time consuming (attendance) and www.engrade.com can elevate some of these pressures and hassle. I also like that you can allow access for your students to view there grades and progress. I always found it helpful to monitor my own progress as a student and this is a quick easy way for students/parents to do this. The only thing that may be a bit difficult is using Engrade along with New York State's current grading system. For many NY schools the standard A, B, C, D, and F no longer given. Instead, a 1, 2, 3, and 4 are given (1 being significantly below grade level and 4 being above grade level.) When giving these scores on tests and report cards, at my school anyway, we are asked to grade holistically, not based on a percentage. With this being said, Engrade may be a challenge to use and still follow New York's grading system. However, If I find myself in a situation when percentages can be given, this is a wonderful tool to use.

2 comments:


  1. Engrade WV Teacher Reference & Quick Start Guide Welcome to Engrade, one of the quickest developing online schooling platforms and learning management. engradewv

    ReplyDelete
  2. Download Movie Box For Android is explained here & Movie Boxlatest version . Install Movie Box App on Android to get latest movies & TV shows

    Movie Box

    ReplyDelete